The Dates of Alan Chadwick's Lectures
Because confusion exists concerning the exact dates of Alan Chadwick's lectures, we here offer evidence that clarifies some of this uncertainty. We will add to this collection of data as more information becomes available.
1. The Series of Four Lectures delivered at the Villa Montalvo in Saratoga
The dates for these four lectures are as follows:
- 1. May 2, 1972: The Vision of Biodynamic and Organic Gardening, Cultivation
- 2. May 9, 1972: Propagation, Cycles, Plant Relationships
- 3. May 16, 1972: Fertilization, Plant Relationships
- 4. May 23, 1972: The Totality of the Garden, Garden Layout
Evidence is provided by newspaper articles originally published in the San Jose Mercury (see below). Our thanks to David Worden for researching these articles, which he found in the archives at Villa Montalvo.